Nexus Community Partners is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI)!
The BCLI is now targeting boards and commissions in Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Saint Paul and Metropolitan Council committees. Click here to see all target seats.
Learn about equity issues and strategies in the areas of economic development, health, affordable housing, transit and workforce development.
Learn necessary skills to be an advocate commissioner such as Robert’s Rules of Order and interpreting municipal budgets.
Fine-tune your art of politics with applied learning activities in areas such as creating allies and negotiation and persuasion.
Build relationships with other equity advocates in the areas of labor, government, nonprofits and business.
All Nomination Packets are due Friday, June 26th by 12 midnight CST.
The fellowship runs from October 2015 – April 2016.
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015: 5:30-7pm
- Rondo Library Multipurpose Room: 461 Dale St. N., St Paul
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015: 9-10:30am
- Hope Community, Inc.: 611 E. Franklin Ave, Minneapolis
- Thursday, May 28, 2015: 5:30-7pm
- North Regional Library (North Half Room): 1315 Lowry Ave N., Minneapolis
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015: 5:30-7pm
- Brooklyn Park Library (Brooklyn Park Community Room):8600 Zane Ave N., Brooklyn Park
About the BCLI
The Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI) is a 7-month leadership program that supports, trains and places people of color and other underrepresented community members on publicly appointed boards and commissions that influence and impact equity in economic development, health, housing, transit and workforce development.
Contact one of the BCLI staff: Terri Thao, Program Director, at email@example.com; Angie Brown, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.