The BCLI program runs from October to April each year, supporting up to 15 BCLI fellows per cohort. Nominations for the 2017-2018 Cohort is NOW OPEN! Click here to learn about and join us.
Note: The Nominations for 2017-2018 Have Been Extended A Week. Nominations are now Due Friday, June 23, 2017
NOMINATION PROCESS AND STEPS
Each candidate should follow these steps in order to be considered as a BCLI Fellow:
- Locate a Nominator. All BCLI Fellows must be nominated by either a BCLI alum, or by a community organization with which the candidate has been affiliated. Each organization and each BCLI alum may nominate only one candidate each year. This is to ensure shared accountability throughout the communities in which we are targeting board and commission seats and a diverse cohort of multiple networks. If you do not know of an affiliated organization who can serve as your Nominator, contact BCLI staff to try to identify an organization in your interest area to serve as your Nominator.
- Identify Your Target Board or Commission Seat. Discuss with your Nominator which seat you would like to target based on your interest and experience. (See Pages 7-21 of the BCLI Nomination Packet for Target Seats).
- Complete & Submit the Nomination Packet Materials. See pages 4-6 of the 2017-2018 Nominations Packet for more details about the materials to submit.
IDEAL NOMINEES MUST:
- Be personally focused on advancing equity for people of color and other underrepresented communities
- Be 18 years of age
- Meet the residency requirements of the board or commission they are interested in sitting on (i.e. live, work, own business, etc.)
- Commit to attending all monthly trainings and events
- Commit to serving on a board or commission after completion of the BCLI
All Nomination Packets must include (all submitted together by the candidate):
Completed by the Nominator:
- Nominating Letter
- Nomination Cover Sheet
Completed by the Candidate:
- Nominee Cover Sheet
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
This program has been adapted from the Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute originally created by Urban Habitat in Oakland, California.
Come to one of our three Info Sessions!
May 18, 2017 Information Session (Brooklyn Park)
5:30-7 PM Brooklyn Park Library:Shingle Creek Room
8500 W. Broadway Ave.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
May 31, 2017 Information Session (St. Paul)
5:30-7 PM Rondo Library: Multipurpose Room
461 Dale St N
St Paul, MN 55104
June 8, 2017 Information Session (Minneapolis)
5:30-7 PM North Regional Library:North Regional Meeting Room, South Half
1315 Lowry Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
And if you can’t join us at an info session, please see our info session webinar below
Here is an intro video
Please watch the full webinar below
DEADLINE TO APPLY OR NOMINATE
The deadline for the 2017-2018 BCLI Nomination Packet is Friday, June 16, 2017. See information above to learn more and apply.
Please contact the Program Coordinator, Mr. Chai Lee, if you have any questions or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up to receive updates about upcoming BCLI events, or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nexuscp.