The BCLI program runs from October to April each year, supporting up to 15 BCLI fellows per cohort. Nominations for the 2016-2017 Cohort is NOW OPEN! Click here to learn about and join us for the BCLI Issue Series beginning the fall of 2016!
Note: The 2016-2017 BCLI Cohort Application is now Closed as of July 2, 2016. We encourage you to attend our Issue Series starting this fall. Thank you for those who applied or considered. If you wish to apply in the upcoming years, please check back on this site in May 2017 when we open the next program year’s application. Thank You
NOMINATION PROCESS AND STEPS
Each candidate should follow these steps in order to be considered as a BCLI Fellow:
- Locate a Nominator. All BCLI Fellows must be nominated by either a BCLI alum, or by a community organization with which the candidate has been affiliated. Each organization and each BCLI alum may nominate only one candidate each year. This is to ensure shared accountability throughout the communities in which we are targeting board and commission seats and a diverse cohort of multiple networks. If you do not know of an affiliated organization who can serve as your Nominator, contact BCLI staff to try to identify an organization in your interest area to serve as your Nominator.
- Identify Your Target Board or Commission Seat. Discuss with your Nominator which seat you would like to target based on your interest and experience. (See Pages 7-21 of the BCLI Nomination Packet for Target Seats).
- Complete & Submit the Nomination Packet Materials. See pages 4-6 of the 2016-2017 Nomination Packet for more details about the materials to submit.
IDEAL NOMINEES MUST:
- Be personally focused on advancing equity for people of color and other underrepresented communities
- Be 18 years of age
- Meet the residency requirements of the board or commission they are interested in sitting on (i.e. live, work, own business, etc.)
- Commit to attending all monthly trainings and events
- Commit to serving on a board or commission after completion of the BCLI
All Nomination Packets must include (all submitted together by the candidate):
Completed by the Nominator:
- Nominating Letter
- Nomination Cover Sheet
Completed by the Candidate:
- Nominee Cover Sheet
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
Come to one of our four Info Sessions!
May 11, 2016 Information Session
6-7:30 pm Rondo Library: 461 Dale St. N., St. Paul
May 26, 2016 Information Session
9-10:30 am Hope Community Inc.: 611 E. Franklin Ave, Mpls
June 8, 2016 Information Session
5:30-7 pm Cookie Cart: 1119 W Broadway Ave Mpls,MN
June 16, 2016 Information Session
5:30-7 pm Brookdale Library: 6125 Shingle Creek Pkwy, Brooklyn Center
And if you can’t join us at an info session, please see our info session webinar below
DEADLINE TO APPLY OR NOMINATE
The deadline for the 2016-2017 BCLI Nomination Packet is Friday, July 1, 2016. See information above to learn more and apply.
Please contact the Program Coordinator, Mr. Chai Lee, if you have any questions or for more information at email@example.com
Sign-up to receive updates about upcoming BCLI events, or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nexuscp.