Note: The Nominations for 2017-2018 are now closed. Check back in June 2018 for information about the 2018-2019 BCLI.
NOMINATION PROCESS AND STEPS
Each candidate should follow these steps in order to be considered as a BCLI Fellow:
- Locate a Nominator. All BCLI Fellows must be nominated by either a BCLI alum, or by a community organization with which the candidate has been affiliated. Each organization and each BCLI alum may nominate only one candidate each year. This is to ensure shared accountability throughout the communities in which we are targeting board and commission seats and a diverse cohort of multiple networks. If you do not know of an affiliated organization who can serve as your Nominator, contact BCLI staff to try to identify an organization in your interest area to serve as your Nominator.
- Identify Your Target Board or Commission Seat. Discuss with your Nominator which seat you would like to target based on your interest and experience. (See Pages 7-21 of the BCLI Nomination Packet for Target Seats).
- Complete & Submit the Nomination Packet Materials. See pages 4-6 of the 2017-2018 Nominations Packet for more details about the materials to submit. The Targeted Seats list is HERE: 17-18 Target Seats List
IDEAL NOMINEES MUST:
- Be personally focused on advancing equity for people of color and other underrepresented communities
- Be 18 years of age
- Meet the residency requirements of the board or commission they are interested in sitting on (i.e. live, work, own business, etc.)
- Commit to attending all monthly trainings and events
- Commit to serving on a board or commission after completion of the BCLI
All Nomination Packets must include (all submitted together by the candidate):
Completed by the Nominator:
- Nominating Letter
- Nomination Cover Sheet
Completed by the Candidate:
- Nominee Cover Sheet
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
Want to learn more? Watch the 2017 Webinar about how to apply or nominate!
DEADLINE TO APPLY OR NOMINATE
The 2017-2018 BCLI Nomination process is now closed. Check back in June 2018 to apply for the 2018-2019 BCLI.
Please contact the Program Coordinator, Mr. Chai Lee, if you have any questions or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up to receive updates about upcoming BCLI events, or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nexuscp.
This program has been adapted from the Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute originally created by Urban Habitat in Oakland, California.