Each year, we host up to four info sessions around the Twin Cities Metro Area. We’ve completed our four information sessions for the 2015-2016 BCLI program year – keep an eye out for next year’s information sessions to be posted here!
BCLI Informational Video
If you missed the 2015-16 BCLI Information Sessions – you can check out our 27-minute informational video of the PowerPoint used in our information sessions below:
The 2015-2016 BCLI Nomination period has closed. Check back here in May 2016 to learn about the 2016-2017 BCLI cohort!
BCLI TIME COMMITMENT
The Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI) runs from October – April, supporting one cohort each year.
BCLI Fellows are required to complete additional readings, watch videos, attend commission meetings and conduct online discussion forums with their cohort members. The total BCLI time commitment (including assignments and training days) total approximately 100 hours. All fellows are given a stipend of up to $500 to honor this time commitment.*
2015-2016 BCLI IMPORTANT DATES:
- Nomination Packet Released: May 4, 2015
- Information Sessions: May – June 2015
- 2015-2016 Nomination Packets Due: June 26, 2015, by midnight CST
- Interviews: August 2015
- Cohort selection finalized: September 1, 2015
- Cohort Orientation: September 17, 2015: 4-8pm
- Launch Event: October 8, 2015: 5:30-8pm
- Cohort Welcome Dinner: October 23, 2015: 6-9pm
- Cohort Training sessions: October 2015 – March 2016
- Racial Equity Training: October 24, 2015: 9am-5pm
- Issue Series 1: November 12, 2015: 5:30-8pm
- Economic Development Training: November 21, 2015: 9am-5pm
- Issue Series 2: December 10, 2015: 5:30-8pm
- Workforce Development Training: December 19, 2015: 9am-5pm
- Issue Series 3: January 14, 2016: 5:30-8pm
- Affordable Housing Training: January 23, 2016: 9am-5pm
- Issue Series 4: February 11, 2016: 5:30-8pm
- Transit Equity Training: February 20, 2016: 9am-5pm
- Issue Series 5: March 10, 2016: 5:30-8pm
- Health Equity Training: March 19, 2016: 9am-5pm
- Cohort Graduation: April 14, 2016
Click here to learn how you can join us at our Thursday Night Issue Series.
For more information, please contact Chai Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-up to receive updates about upcoming BCLI events, or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nexuscp.
*Stipends are pro-rated based on participation and attendance.