Below are some resources pooled together for current and former BCLI fellows.
This is a list of job opportunities, trainings and events forwarded to Nexus by our partners.
What will it take for nonprofit leadership in the Twin Cities to reflect the racial demographics it serves?
On Tuesday, August 1st, join the movement as an emerging leader to discuss how to reduce the racial disparities in the Twin Cities nonprofit talent pipeline, as well as advance your own influence in the sector. Together we can create a more just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it! Hosted by Public Allies Twin Cities* and the Young Nonprofit Professional Network, this event is inspired by the Building Movement Project study of the same name, “Race to Lead.”
1 – 4 pm Workshop : Race to Lead, Changing the Face of Nonprofit Leadership
4 – 6 pm Happy Hour: Intentional Networking and Relationship Building
Free appetizers provided courtesy of Public Allies Twin Cities
To register and for information on a free parking option please click HERE.
We hope to see you Tuesday, August 1st for this robust conversation!!!
* Public Allies Twin Cities is a program of Pillsbury United Communities
Jobs at CAPI via the link here
Prepare + Prosper (P+P) is hiring for three positions due to some recent restructuring. Please take a look and share with your networks to help us find great candidates for the three roles! All the positions can be found on P+P’s website: http://prepareandprosper.org/about/employment. The deadline to apply is Monday, July 17.
Tax Services Coordinator – Supports customers on tax issues, provides general taxpayer education, and works with the department team to provide training and support for seasonal staff and volunteers.
Financial Services Coordinator – Supports customers on financial services issues, provides general education on financial products, and works with the department team to provide training and support for seasonal staff and volunteers.
Outreach Coordinator – Represents P+P at community events and carries out the organization’s outreach strategy to build awareness and utilization of its services, programs, and initiatives as well as its statewide Claim it! campaign.
|“Pizza with Professionals and Career Conversations”
College Access wanted to send you the following message regarding the sign up “Pizza with Professionals and Career Conversations”:
Hey all, my name is Mike Herndon, I am the College Access Specialist here at Neighborhood House and I’ll be taking lead on the Pizza with Professionals and Career Conversation events. I look forward to working with and meeting all of you!
Thanks for your time!
Minnesota Housing Jobs
- Community Initiatives Paraprofessional, Single Family Division – Closes July 7, 2017
See our Affirmative Action Plan.
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
We currently have four openings in various roles at Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. Please share with your networks and connections to help us find great candidates for these roles! All positions can be found here: https://www.tchabitat.org/about/careers
- Designer 1 – New Construction (Homebuilding Team)
- The Designer oversees production of plans for all new construction work; designing and developing site-specific plans and construction documents through all parts of the planning process; from preliminary design to bid process through the construction set to project completion.
- Project Funding Manager (Homebuilding Team)
- The Project funding Manager (PFM) is an organized, mission-minded individual enthusiastic about securing project financing to help obtain sustainable investments to further the TCHFH mission.
- Leadership Giving Officer (Fundraising & Resource Development Team)
- The Leadership Giving Officer manages a portfolio of 150+ leadership giving level donors and prospects through prospect identification, qualification, strategy, development, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship.
- HR Generalist (Human Resources team)
- The HR Generalist is responsible for the oversight of many key operational process, including organizational hiring and staffing procedures, benefits and compliance oversight, vendor management, new hire experience, and policy development. The HR Generalist shares in accomplishing the overall goals of the HR department, including embracing the important philosophy of cultivating equity in all that we do.
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is a growing, entrepreneurial nonprofit focused on the mission of eliminating poverty housing from the Twin Cities and to make decent, affordable shelter for all people a matter of conscience. Our vision is one where the Twin Cities region is a place where families can own homes in healthy neighborhoods with access to jobs, transportation, and quality schools. We offer a competitive benefit package.
Thank you for your help in sharing the word about our openings and opportunities!
Senior Director, Program & Services
tel/fax 612-305-7161 CELL 414-736-7699
Everyone deserves a safe, stable, affordable place to live. Get involved today!
All About Policy
CAPI is hiring canvassers for this year’s civic engagement. It is a 5 month contract, $13/hr position, bi-lingual in Asian languages is strongly preferred. Please pass it onto your networks. Thanks!
See the description Here: Canvasser. CAPI 2017
|Info Updated: Registration links are provided below.
You are Invited to Attend a Small Developers 101 Training Course
Are you an Emerging Real Estate Developer in Minneapolis?
The City of Minneapolis is hosting a Small Developers 101 Training to promote the development of women and minority-owned real estate developers. This introductory course will provide participants with basic tools used to consider a real estate development project. The course’s main goals are:
Click here to see the course curriculum.
Selected participants will attend 4 sessions:
City of Minneapolis Innovation Center, 105 5th Ave S, #150, Minneapolis, MN 55401
This program is sponsored by the City of Minneapolis, and is free to participants. Class materials will be provided.
Contact Daniel Bonilla, City of Minneapolis
BCLI MOODLE & GOOGLE SITE
The BCLI Moodle is no longer active. Instead, Nexus will be using a Google Site for all BCLI fellow assignments. If you are a 2013-14 or 2014-15 BCLI Alum and would like access to one of your assignments, please contact Terri Thao (email@example.com).
Link to Google Site is HERE!
AVAILABLE MEETING SPACE IN THE TWIN CITIES
Since we meet in various locations for Info Sessions, Issue Series, and other events throughout the BCLI, we have generated an excel sheet of available space in the Twin Cities. This was most recently updated 5/18/15, so be sure to click on the links included or reach out to staff for specific information about rates and other details.